Live feeds of North Star/GeoTrak PTTs
If you have North Star/GeoTrak PTTs deployed, you can set up a subscription in Movebank to automatically collect
your data from Argos and add it to your study in Movebank. This service is free and you maintain full control and
ownership of your data. For more detailed instructions, see www.movebank.org/node/28.
Create a new live feed to your North Star/GeoTrak PTTs.
• Register for a free account and login at Movebank.org.
• Go to Tracking Data Map > Studies, find your study or create a
new one, and select Manage Live Feeds.
• Select New and choose an import channel.
• Enter your Argos credentials and select Test connection.
• Once the connection is working, select which PTTs to import.
• Next, choose to download XML or DIAG/DS data and decide
whether you want to import and decode GPS data from North
Star/GeoTrak PTTs and import Argos Doppler locations. If you
import Argos Doppler locations, you can configure a filter based
on the Argos location class or the Douglas Argos-Filter
Argorithm (Douglas et al. 2012).
• Select Finish.