- Output Power: 150 mW
- Transmit Signal Length: 1.5 Seconds
- Temp Range: –40 to +50 Degrees Celsius
- Frequency: 1611.25 to 1618.75MHz
- Modulation: BPSK-modulated PRN Code
- GPS Engine: μBlox 16 Channel
- GPS Accuracy: +/— 10m horz, +/— 25 vert
- GPS Antenna: Active
- GPS Datum: WGS84
- VHF Power Output (VHF Mortality Available): 1—2mW, 30—45ppm
Specified accuracy is 2.5 meters CEP and 5 meters SEP. CEP is Circular Error Probability. It is the radius of a horizontal circle, centered at the true antenna position, containing 50% of the fixes. SEP is Spherical Error Probability. It is the radius of a sphere, centered at the true antenna position, containing 50% of the fixes.
NOTE: We are turning off our GPS engine after 5 positions in a row (1 per second) are acquired with a horizontal accuracy of 5 meters or less.